- 1034 - Máel Coluim mac Cináeda, King of Scots dies. Donnchad, the son of his second daughter Bethócand Crínán of Dunkeld, inherits the throne.
- 1120 - The White Ship sinks in the English Channel, drowning William Adelin, son of Henry I of England.
- 1177 - Baldwin IV of Jerusalem and Raynald of Chatillon defeat Saladin at the Battle of Montgisard.
- 1491 - The siege of Granada, last Moorish stronghold in Spain, begins.
- 1542 - Battle of Solway Moss. The English army defeats the Scottish.
- 1987 - Supertyphoon Nina pummels the Philippines with category 5 winds of 165 mph and a surge that swallows entire villages. at least 1,036 deaths attributed to the storm.
- 1988 - German politician Rita Süssmuth becomes president of the Bundestag.
- 1992 - The Czechoslovakia Federal Assembly votes to split the country into the Czech Republic and Slovakia from January 1, 1993.
- 1994 - Sony founder Akio Morita announces he will be stepping down as CEO of the company.
Read the rest here: Today in History - November 25