Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mayweather apologizes for Controversial racist rant


Controversial boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has apologized for his racist remarks against seven-division world champion Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather said. “I want to apologize to everybody. They felt it was a racist comment that came from me. I don’t have a racist bone in my body, you know. I love everybody. Some of my guys are Muslims. Some of my guys are Jews. Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans, whites, it doesn’t matter. There is nothing but love in my heart, you know what I’m saying?" (Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-mayweatherapology090410).

According to the website, Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/) from July 18, 2005 through June 2, 2008, Mayweather was rated by The Ring magazine as the number 1 pound-for-pound boxer in the world. Mayweather has won nine world boxing championships in five different boxing weight classes. For his achievements he was named Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year in 1998 and 2007; Best Fighter ESPY Award 2007, 2008 and currently 2010; BWAA Fighter of the Year 2007 by Boxing Writers Association of America; ESPN.com Fighter of the year 2007; The Ring Magazine event of the year 2007, 2008; and currently The Ring Magazine comeback of the year 2009.

The Diliman Diary earlier uploaded a Youtube.com video on September 4, 2010 showing Mayweather working himself up into a racism-laden frenzy against Pacquiao who currently holds the distinction of being the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world; a title Mayweather seeks to usurp through trash-talking and maybe even actual boxing (http://diliman-diary.blogspot.com/2010/09/floyd-mayweathers-anti-pinoy-racist-and.html) .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

The Diary Archive