Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lexiphilia: My thoughts on the U.P. System-wide Strike

"When I entered UP, my paranoid father made two requests:

1. To carry around my keychain-sized pepper spray wherever I go

2. Never participate in a rally or become a hardcore student activist

Of course, he asked these things of me purely out of concern and fear that I -his only child, who attended a sheltered private school all her life; would get hurt..or hurt myself. He also asked that I avoid cutting my classes unless there’s a really good reason behind doing so. He did that in order to instill in me the value of my education..and, true to my word, I’ve said no to countless frivolous cuts and always urge others not to cut their classes, as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

The Diary Archive